Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Will's larger quilts

Because she has a true shortage of space, Will prefers to make tops rather than "quilts"... She doesn't quilt many of her tops. So these pictures are of tops--- and let me tell you, she sure does make a lot! I don't know when she gets the time! Many are hand pieced. All are absolutely perfect-- all her points meet up. My favorite thing in looking at Will's quilts is her fabric choices. She has an amazing ability to put such a variety of fabrics together to create beautiful effects!

This is a Quiltmania project that's been  a mystery. I think it's a Di Ford pattern

Here's her newest border with hexies. You can't tell but her vine is a multicolored print that's not even green!

Postage stamp but on point!!

Gorgeous sampler 

Around the world-- done perfectly without a design wall

The setting triangles are a large scale blue floral. I think she said that it was a Dutch chintz

Tiny tiny pineapples 

This medallion is gorgeous! I couldn't get the whole thing in the picture! Too many borders!

What great colors- I wouldn't have thought of using purple as sashing!

A great log cabin setting 

I love the simplicity of this!

I'm not finding a picture of her Nearly Insane quilt. I wonder if I was in such awe that I failed to take a picture! Damn!

Hope you enjoyed these! 

Will took me to a friend's apartment who is a quilt collector! I've got pictures to post from that amazing experience next! 

14 comments:

  1. amazingly beautiful works! I love that first flower pot--some people just have that color gene I guess. I am sending for a 3 in 1 color wheel to try to learn how to put just a few colors together --my scrappy quilts use tons of fabrics and are all busy looking. Needing a change I think. thank you for showing off her quilts. Be sure to tell her I think her works are gorgeous...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did post the Nearly Insane. It was the one with purple sashing. Absolutely wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the trunk show from this and the previous post. She is a prolific quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a pleasure to view these tops. They are all pretty.

    I am not going to feel guilty anymore for not quilting all my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoyed these. Love the medallion "with too many borders" and the last picture ... just gorgeous all of them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing more of Will's quilts. They are totally amazing. And she really does have a fantastic color sense. All I can say is wow! I would not think of purple sashing either, but boy does it work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!! What a treasure trove of quilts - such inspiration!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. all beautiful....now i feel like a slacker...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my......all of these quilts are so amazing ! And yes ! I enjoy !!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing...and bravo Will ! :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is WOW ... I am "humbled" at the quantity, quality and beauty of her quilts. THANK YOU for sharing!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun to see these! What a juxtapose of fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many wonderful tops! She must never stop stitching! I love the last one especially.

    ReplyDelete