Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Quilt Market pictures

Quilt Market is an opportunity for shop owners to order fabrics, patterns, books, gadgets, etc and to see new things. It's also an opportunity for show owners' friends to accompany them and feel incredibly lucky to have been invited.


So I went to Kansas City feeing really incredibly honored.  That being said, I walked up and down every one of the approx. 35 aisles filled with vendors, designers, patterns, toys...you name it. Let me tell you that these fabric lines spare no expense in designing and setting up their booths. 


Probably the most imaginative fabric line set up a circus theme:




Alexander Henry also had a very cleverly designed area:






American Patchwork and Quilting had a display filled with quilt on quilt, which I just found myself wanting to fondle! (and maybe stuff into my bag...vbg)






My friend Pat brought along the Lori Smith top she recently made which included wool applique in the center, since I figured I needed a new project! Her work is absolutely beautiful and she is a great teacher. I can't wait to get to work on my flowers. The colors of wool are amazing. I'm now a fan!~




Speaking of Lori Smith: she had a most amazing booth filled with absolutely gorgeous quilts, both small and large. (I'm not trying to be a tease: no way to photograph it)  I have bought so many of her patterns and am constantly in awe of her designs and skill.  In fact, there is going to be a BONUS BLOCK this weekend from one of her quilts.  So check back.


Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Love to you all,
Randy

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving us a taste of the booths, Randy. Looks like a really great experience!
    I love Lori Smith's stuff. Can't wait to see the bonus block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I have been reading about Quilt Market all over blogland and am so jealous. I think I need to befriend a shop owner who needs a helper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always amazed by Lori Smith - did you know that she does all of her samples herself? Piecing, hand quilting - all of it. I don't know when that woman sleeps! Glad you had fun at market!

    ReplyDelete