Pages

Monday, September 4, 2017

Marvelous Monday Mini DONE

I took some snippets of time this weekend to assemble the Temecula Quilts Marvelous Monday Mini top.  I still need to quilt it, of course.  But I had cut out the sashing strips last week and put it together in between kids' naps.  I also decided I didn't like the few blocks which were basically not pieced so I replaced them with blocks of my own creation!









I think the Triangle Gatherings is back in business this week after a brief reprieve so I'll be working on those this week for sure.  Claire is coming over again on Wednesday so I'll get lots done~

We had the 3 grandkids over this boiling hot weekend, and I  had bought them each brushes to help wash my car.  Here they were in the driveway, hard at work!  They sing while they work.  There's a show on Sprout called Terrific Trucks (which I haven't seen) but apparently there's an appropriate car wash song from the show and they all 3 sing it.  It's hysterical.  A bit like a broken record, since I think they only know one or two lines, but it's good enough for me.

10 comments:

  1. Super fun finish...I like your improv blocks!! Great idea to buy them each a brush, that makes it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little quilt turned out very well! Nice job creating your own blocks. I finally chose a layout for mine and have just started the assembly.
    I'll bet those little ones had such fun helping wash the car. I love that they sang as they "worked". Look at those happy faces! Providing a brush for each one made them feel important, I'm sure. You are such a good Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sashing fabric you used works well. You even lined up the top and bottom borders to match the stripe line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute photo of those kids! Wow! They are growing up fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your setting fabric is perfect for this project! Good for you to make some of your own blocks to go into it! How much do those adorable kiddos charge? I haven't washed my truck in over a year! LOL Stay safe please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember our daughter "helping" Dad wash the car and she thought the cat needed a bath also. One wet cat. The kids look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grands are so adorable, helping as well as entertaining you while they worked! These are the little memories they will keep in their hearts long after we are gone, I can still recall so many things that my grandparents shared with me when I was little, many decades ago. Your setting fabric for your little quilt looks perfect, will you hand or machine quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fantastic helpers especially with the singing included. Loved seeing all the different fabrics you've included in your marvelous mini's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your MMM! It is soooo cute! I've fallen behind on mine but I'm hoping to catch up this week when I'm at a quilt retreat all week! Hooray! I've been concerned about you and the forest fires so I hope you and your Oregon home are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Young kids really think cleaning jobs are fun! My granddaughter begged to wash windows when she was here, so we gave her the supplies and she really worked hard and did a good job. She's 8. Maybe she inherited my Mom's love of cleaning. I sure didn't!

    ReplyDelete