Pages

Monday, May 29, 2017

A little sewing and some gardening soothes the soul

I have been staring at my dead-head roses for weeks now and finally went out front and trimmed them.  Luckily, they weren't all dead!!  They even smelled as good as they looked.  



I did get a little sewing done, working on my Mount Mellick Di Ford project.  I am trying now to decide on the circles that go on the diamonds... Next up will be four hexagons in each corner;  then the border goes on.  I may add more flowers in the vase but I wanted to start with this.  Can you see my butterfly and bird???  Such a gorgeous quilt.  I didn't want it to be too busy which is why the center is not filled in.  It'll be easier to add items, I think once I get more of it onto the center piece.  Any ideas for colors for the little circles?  I'm thinking maybe green?  They will also be the centers for the four hexagons in the corners.



We did have a little visit from the youngest grandchild, Eli, who is now nearly 7 months.  My daughter in law's family from Dresden was visiting and we invited them over for an American barbecue.  Julia's grandmother had never had a hamburger;  her brother had never tried corn on the cob!  They were real troopers to try it all (along with the salami, cheese and beer I had, too!! vbg)

10 comments:

  1. Your medallion center is beautiful. Are you working from a kit or did you select the fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.... your block is gorgeous. I had to look up "Mount Mellick Di Ford" on Pinterest.... what a beautiful project and I appreciate your posting as you go - your work makes it all seem "more possible" for me to give something like this a try! PS - I like your idea of green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful block and beautiful (little cutie) boy...
    Lovely roses--my one rose bush hasn't budded out as yet..still too cold and raining here...
    hugs, glad you had a good day Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. The roses are gorgeous!
    Your quilt is going to be stunning. This is way out of my league--I can offer no opinion on the fabric choices.
    Eli is such a cutie.
    How were the American menu items received? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your dinner went well! Eli is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a a lovely piece have not seen mountmellick work done with colours before only white how much more life it has this way. Your roses are over mine have just got the buds appearing now, never mind yours will flower again in a couple of weeks I am sure

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful applique block!!! So are your roses❤❤❤Eli is a cutie!!!
    Hug's, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mountmellick is coming along beautifully. I think green for the circles sounds perfect. I can't believe how big Eli is already. It's true when they say "don't blink"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely roses and a darling grandson! How fun to introduce new foods to people! Things that we just take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful roses! Your block is lovely, especially the bird and butterfly. Eli is a cutie. So ow were the "American" foods received? What fun!

    ReplyDelete