Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day

Whether you are able to bestow love and kisses on those who matter to you or not, I hope you will enjoy a wonderful day.  The sun is shining in California and I noticed a little flower blooming in our yard.  Spring is on its way, although we still have a huge storm approaching this weekend.

I got a few things done this week.  I got the binding sewn down on my Stars in a Time Warp.  This is the quilt made from the blocks that were posted every week by Barbara Brackman last year.  Each week, we were instructed to follow the fabric designated that week.  The pattern is the same for each block but it's amazing how different they all look with different fabrics.



And I love the fabric I used for the backing:



I also worked on another block for the Triangle Gatherings being offered by Primitive Gatherings.  I am using the whimsical fabrics I was going to use on another project, which hasn't budged!  I'm enjoying playing with fun fabrics.  This umbrella fabric was found at Rosie's in San Diego!  I think it's great to be able to step out of our normal routines and try something new.  I think that's a definite personality trait of mine:  no fear (mostly) to try new things!  Fun, isn't it??


I also worked a little bit more on the log cabins being run by Béa and Céçile.



I'm making these very mini!  And I'm using French General fabrics.  I think there is one more set of 4 blocks for this sew a long.  I haven't figured out how I'm going to set all four together, since they are so very different... maybe put something completely unrelated as sashing.  Again, completely out of my comfort zone!!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a gorgeous star quilt. I love the colors you chose. I'm also partial to log cabins. I enjoyed seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Stars in a Time Warp is sensational! It is amazing to me how they all look so different. Your log cabin logs are so tiny. How do you keep them straight? Just beautiful. And, yes it is nice to step outside of the comfort zone from time to time. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely stars quilt....such a fun sew along....i love every one i've seen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are stepping out and really shining just like the Sunshine you're finally getting. A great finish on your Stars in A time Warp. It amazing how all the colors and fabrics worked together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are stepping out and really shining just like the Sunshine you're finally getting. A great finish on your Stars in A time Warp. It amazing how all the colors and fabrics worked together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are doing very well outside your comfort zone. Maybe you are one of these people who is comfortable anywhere? You did an awesome job with those Time Warp Stars. Love the log cabin minis and the little umbrellas. Have a super duper day too. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your setting for your Stars jn Time Warp! Congratulations on your finish. I think you have caught the "mini" bug from Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Stars in a Time Warp are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stars in time warp and your log cabins inspire me to take a second look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Time Warp Stars quilt is so cozy looking! I'll admit that was one SAL I regret not doing, but I probably would have fallen behind and given up anyway. : )
    Cute umbrella fabric in your triangle block.
    Your log cabin blocks are wonderful, Randy! You are getting to be quite the pro at those mini blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great star quilt setting! Love that pillar print on the back.
    fun log cabin blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW you do have a lot of lovely projects going on, Randy! i love how some of the stars come out and others fade back--lovely fabrics in that one. and I love your little novelty fabrics in those triangles...hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Stars Quilt is so pretty! Great job! That backing is one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those log cabin blocks are amazing! Your Stars in a Time Warp turned out very nice--love the backing too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Stars quilt looks Fabulous! Thanks again for a fun sew day! Cheers, CW

    ReplyDelete