Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Mystery revealed

Janet O. and I agreed to a small personal challenge using my leftover French General fabrics. I mailed her a small package of fabrics, of which I kept a bunch too. 

We had to use the  same fabrics and agreed to make a little 12" block for each other. 

Oh my gosh!  The pressure!!!!  She's a master miniature quilt maker as well as machine quilter!!  How could I compete??

I mailed mine off yesterday and will wait for her reveal later this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she likes it!!

Hers came yesterday and I'm just over the moon with it!
You know I love stars and she made 9 beautiful ones, all fussy cut!
Yup they are all of 2"!!! And perfect!!

Look at these corners:
Cute or what?? Catch the quilting!

And her feathers??!!!
Gorgeous!!

Her label was equally amazing:

As if this wasn't enough, she also got a jump on the pin cushion swap and sent me a great one:

Thank you, Janet!!

On the subject of pincushions, you will receive the name of the person you're going to send to today. Yay! Get those crushed walnuts ready!!

This just shows you that with a little inspiration and motivation you can do something outside your comfort zone that  turns out fabulous! Thank you Janet for that nudge. ❤️❤️❤️

14 comments:

  1. What a fun little swap--can't wait to see what you made. The quilt and pin cushion are both charming--you are a lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! She is the queen of miniatures, for sure. That is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my ...Randy this doll quilt is sooo cute and i found the idea so FUN !!
    I can't wait to admire yours on her blog !

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is simply beautiful--i can see how fantastic she is with mini blocks--they terrify me! The whole seam thing...I'd better get up on them as after the 2nd twin's quilt--it'll be just small items for me...:000 hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! No pressure indeed. Janet is the queen of smalls. I'm just betting yours will be as beautiful! Love the pin cushion too. Looking forward to seeing all the sweet swaps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. Janet makes everything lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet does awesome work. What a interesting idea to share fabric. You can't go wrong with FG. The striped sashing around those incredible blocks is super striking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I could never work that small with such precision! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Fabulous! I would do this just to own a Sample of Janet's wonderful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt from the exchange is a treasure. I have not seen a quilt label done as an angled piece. Creative way to make one and I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Randy--you are very sweet to make me feel so good about what I sent you. :)
    It was such fun to plan and follow through with you in mind.
    You have a safe trip, and I will be watching for a package to arrive tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable quilt from Janet!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delightful little quilt! I have also swapped a little one with Janet and it's one of my most treasured possessions! Her attention to detail is outstanding and she ALWAYS remembers to include a label (something I'm terribly lacking in). Congrats on a great exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet is the BEST! I've loved getting little surprises from her since we met in Bountiful to see Jennifer Chiaverini. I love the tiny stars and YES, her quilting is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete