Pages

Monday, September 26, 2016

Catching up

I finally had a chance to get my Circa 2016 blocks done and work on a couple more pin cushions (have you started yours yet??)

Somehow I ended up with 3 that were red/white/blue even though I did them at different times!!'



Then the log cabins:


I think I'm going to change the last strip. Too light! 😆😆

Then the half square triangles:



I signed up for the Temecula pin cushion program and will receive fabric and instructions every month. This package seemed boring at first but I do love the quality of the muslin and red!  I made two so far:
The reason I don't do minis (Janet O) is because my accuracy leaves a bit to be desired!  I didn't see the one corner until after it was all  assembled. Oh well!  One of my favorite French expressions is "c'est pas grave " meaning it's no big deal!!

I'm also on a mission to clean up the clutter!
I won't show the before picture!!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! You certainly are a world traveler! Love the rwb 9 patches for your project! Thanks for keeping it real and making the rest of us feel better about not always matching things perfectly! I know I certainly don't either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got home safely, Randy.
    Lots of cute little blocks in your "catching up".
    And I have my "missed that" moments, too. : )
    Fun little pin cushions--no, I haven't started mine yet. I have been planning it, and I keep changing my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh phew! I'm no perfect piecer either. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla. Some like and perfection and others (like me) well... We just have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home world traveler ... and THANK YOU for taking us on your adventures! I don't do "minis" either ... my accuracy needs work and I feel like my fingers are "too big" to handle the little pieces (they're not but they feel like sausages when I do really small stuff). Cleaning your work area? I think I'm going to ask the DH for a gift certificate for Christmas to rent one of those "Bobcat" type movers so I could clear out some space in my sewing room. My winter "goal" is to go through boxes that I haven't visited in YEARS!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. comforting to see somebody else's table look like mine...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was the before picture! I should talk though. My sewing room is a mess. I already mailed my pin cushion and wouldn't you know I forgot to take a picture of it. I think I'm a dingbat!!

    ReplyDelete