Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Nantes show was beyond words!

I don't know where to start to share the amazing quilts on display at this small but amazing show in Nantes, France. Let me just say that I'm so glad I planned our trip allowing us to end up at the show!

First display was from the collections of quilts owned by Jane Lury, and there is a book being sold in conjunction with the show!

Enjoy!! Salivate!! 







I'm hoping I'm not mixing up the different displays. Forgive me if I do.  Lots of broderie perse!

Next was the Di Ford mystery put on by Quiltmania. My friend Will was asked to submit hers and was able to get all the quilting done in time. No small feat!!   Hers is just beautiful.  Each quilt was more special than the others. I even bought myself the pattern, being so motivated now!





This is Will's masterpiece but it was hanging too high to get a close up. I posted pictures of it December before it was finished.



This was Will and I and a friend of hers from the Netherlands, Betty Prins. I hope you aren't tired of seeing these quilts, which are all so different because of the variety of fabric choices. 



This was Di Ford's, although it didn't even have a name!! Simply gorgeous!!

Next will be the Japanese quilts and a couple of American quilters. We fly home tomorrow. Worst part of Europe is the jet lag! And I'm babysitting the 3 darlings on Friday!! They miss their Nana!!

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos !!
    Can't wait for tomorrow !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! So beautiful, each one.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these Beauties! You are well traveled! Fun for us to go along through the BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the variations of the same pattern from maker to maker. What gorgeous quilts! Safe travels--and babysitting the day after? Yikes! Will you all take a long nap together? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilts, I'm glad you shared your trip with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved all the photos - thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have really enjoyed all your photos of France! But you are right these quilts are beyond words! I loved seeing the different versions of Di Ford's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you by way of a pin on Pinterest - a photo of Di Ford's Mystery quilt. Thank you so much for sharing all the different and wonderful versions - a real treat to see them! As a member of the Facebook group where we all shared progress as we made our own, it is amazing to see even more variations which I had not previously seen. It is a fabulous pattern - hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us. Please share your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. swoon! what gorgeous quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely quilts! My favorite though is the more simple one with splashes of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can only subscribe to your comments: i was also upside down when i saw Jane Lury's antique quilt collection and baught the book, of course.We had wonderful moments and a wild party with Mary Kooval on the second day i will blog about. I feel sad about missing several quilters i knew they were there,but happy to see you and Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cannot say thank you enough for sharing pictures of this show. It is one that I would aspire to attend but only in my dreams!! Quilts are gorgeous ... there are not words to describe their beauty. AMAZING ... absolutely AMAZING!!! Enjoy the wee ones and nap when they do ... you've earned it!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I réalisé With your post That lots of People came from abroad .. it is
    Fantastic and reading thé comments i discover That blogers i follow was there!! I wish i should have known before and met them there !
    Claire, from France.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I réalisé With your post That lots of People came from abroad .. it is
    Fantastic and reading thé comments i discover That blogers i follow was there!! I wish i should have known before and met them there !
    Claire, from France.

    ReplyDelete