Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Charity quilt done

I finished the charity quilt I really wanted to make for a local children's cancer organization. I used the Yellow Brick Road pattern and used fabric I had on hand. The selvage on the border fabric read "1999" so I think it was definitely ready to be used!!

It's not anything complicated but will hopefully make a child happy. I am using a bright floral flannel for the backing.  Not sure if I'll undertake  the quilting myself on my Janome 6600. 


I also made two stars using this week's theme: Cretonne, which I interpret to use something like periwinkle, which I love. 


Liked it so much I made another in reverse and I actually like it better!



I also picked up a little kit in Madison to make a block for the quilts of valor project. I'm going to make more blocks next!

I'm definitely in the mood for charity these days!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are feeling very charitable. Good for you! : )
    Your reverse value stars are really pretty, Randy.

    ReplyDelete