Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Long overdue quilt show pictures

I've been traveling quite a bit this past month so have not been able to post. I went to a great little quilt show recently where I saw the most amazing quilts! I'm going to post some of the pictures here. I have many posts in my head so I will hopefully be a better blogger!!



Isn't that a great story!!



These are the quilts of the featured quilter, Sylvia Gegaregian

These other quilts really caught my eye. I don't necessarily want to make them but they are still interesting!

This one has a great story too:

Great use of hexagons!!


Great integration of piecing and embroidery!

This is a Piece O Cake design and the quilter was standing there when I took the picture.

Very simple block with great effect!

I have more from the show and will continue the posting in the next day or so!

6 comments:

  1. Amazing quilts. I love seeing all the beautiful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the close-ups of the quilting. That is always interesting to me. There are some gorgeous quilts here. I probably wouldn't make any of them, either, but they are fun to study. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the quilts from all over the country thanks for taking the time to share them. Fabric choices and the quilting always interests me thanks for taking close ups too! I love that simple block too. Interesting way to sew a block with great results. That first quilt though I just love it and love the story! Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These quilts are just stunning. Thanks for sharing. Good to have you back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite of the bunch is the Piece o Cake applique. Its good to FINALLY see a blog post from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilts. that fist one looked amazing.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete